Friday, January 9, 2009

The Face Behind the Photographs...

This is me - it's a self portrait and I quite like it (despite the "Bad Hair Day"). My usual complaint is that I look very dour and without humor in any of my photographs. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't like having my photograph taken. So, now you have a face to put with the photographs.

The story behind the photograph:

My husband got me a new camera for Christmas - a Nikon D40 - my first digital SLR. Before I had been using a wonderful point and shoot camera - FujiFilm A900. Having had not so many opportunities to use my camera and because I'm a world class slacker, instead of cleaning the kitchen, cooking dinner, or doing some paperwork one night I decided to have some fun with the new camera. So, my priorities were not exactly in order - but I had fun.

No comments: