Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hello.

Just thought I'd check in as it's been a while since I've posted anything. Life around the studio is pretty much at a stand still. I haven't taken any new photographs (too rainy and gray on the weekends - too dark when I get home from work). I'm really looking forward to spring.

I've opened a new shop on
1000markets and I've got my shop on Etsy - they've been pretty quiet (read: no sales - none whatsoever!). I've joined several networking groups and uploaded a lot of my photographs to their sites - received some constructive criticism and lots of great comments. I'm hoping to network with other photographers and polish my skills.

However, it's not all bleak and a couple of really nice things have happened to me. The first one being that Dragonfly Photography was accepted by
Trunkt and I now have a portfolio with them (please check it out - I'm craving attention - more so than a sale right now). AND one of my photographs has been featured in a Treasury on Etsy. See, right below there's a screen capture of the Treasury. Pretty cool if you ask me.


Megzytred of Tredlight Photographs chose my lovely Poppy Bottoms photograph. I love her shop - and the concept she came up with to sell her photography. You'll have to check it out as it's "a whole different approach to art photography!".

And how could I forget to mention - my husband bought me a new camera for Christmas. I'm now the proud owner of a Nikon D40 - I love it! It's taken some getting used to - it's a little more complicated. I loved my point and shoot camera - a Fuji FinePix A900 - an amazing little jewel of a camera (and I still use her).

So, all in all, life isn't bad. It's pretty good - I've got so many nice things happening in my life and, most importantly, I'm gainfully employed, have lovely home (and reasonable mortgage), a supportive husband and good friends and pretty darn nice family. I'm blessed and feeling selfish because I want to make a sale or two.

No comments: