Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'll Never Learn...

I took yesterday and today off from work. So far, I haven't accomplished much. Today I'm spending the bulk of the day getting all my stuff ready to go for the show tomorrow - at least that will give me a sense of accomplishment. In my defense, I have lots of stock so if inspiration doesn't come along I'll be fine...I think.

On a positive note I got this message from one of my new contacts from jpgmag.com:

From: Craig COYLE
Subject: CCP-IA

A simply magnificent set and almost flawless one at that , really enjoyed looking through your works and I can clearly see you have an eye for the lens other than a certain bikie image your overall ability and drive seem to shine through your camera.Thanks for allowing me to view your works

Craig Coyle

That was pretty cool, eh? The "certain bikie" image he was referring to is this one:

At least, I think it is - I didn't ask. I chose to focus on the positive in his message and it was definitely a positive message.

Admittedly, it's not my best but it's a favorite of mine. I like Harley's and I like this one - "Old Skool" - and it was the first photograph I took of a person I did not know.

So, now I've got to get back to work. Tomorrow morning will come awfully fast and I'm never as prepared as I should be. This will be the first show that I sell my photographs - the jewelry market is so saturated it helps to have something more to offer. What's left to do on my list:

1. Polish tarnished jewelry.
2. Box up supplies: credit slips, receipts, earring cards and business cards.
3. "De-Fuzzz" velvet displays.
4. Wash table clothes.
5. Pack up photographs and jewelry.
6. I'm contemplating taking baked goods to offer to all who stop by my table. It's a little ploy I use - it encourages loitering and loitering is a good thing at a show.

There's more to do but this will get me started and keep me out of trouble. Off I go.

Talk later!




No comments: